Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January

It's been very busy, not all of it productive. The thing about blogging is that it's not as romantic as the movies. There aren't people "out there" holding their breaths waiting to hear the next wonderful thing you have to say.
It's more like life. You have to get people's attention, but you need a good reason because there's so much competition. And if you're a person who doesn't really know why, then what you say doesn't have much presence.

I sort of hoped there would be something in the words that meant something to somebody, but then I've always hoped that about my writing. I've hoped that all my life and I hope I'll go on hoping it. But really, when all you have to talk about is the struggles at work, the struggles at church, or the struggles at home... where's the story? Where's Jesus in all of it?

Well, I promised myself I would blog the journey at least until I get professed. That way there will be a record. But I sort of feel like the old sailor who was asked to make a map of his journies, and found out there was a lot of blank space on the paper even after he'd done his best, wrote down all he could remember. What does one do with the blank spaces? What do you say to people who might try to follow? Beyond this point, will there be monsters...?

I think the blank spaces are where you will write your stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment