Thursday, October 6, 2011

Happy returns...

We celebrated our 35th wedding anniversary on June 11th. On the 13th we made our profession as Secular Franciscans. On the 15th we went to the hospital where JoAnne underwent a total of 3 operations spread over a month, then a long, slow recover until we finally learned that she has diabetes. We're in the process of learning how to manage that right now. Not so difficult. Lots of common sense.

But that means it's been about 16 weeks since I last made an entry. In that time I lost my job, retired from teaching and found a new job doing Guest Services at the Franciscan Renwal Center. A wonderful place if you haven't heard of it.
     The real news, however, is the Franciscan journey which is both a call and a path to increasing simplicity. For example, we are having the first cool weather of fall tonight. I sat on the patio working on some notes but found myself staring off to where the sunset vanished, just me, the sky and an old tree west of our yard. Trinity. Simplicity. Full of God...
     JoAnne says I should write stories and I agree. But before I even begin, I wanted to reconnect here. Whoever you are who will read these "little stories" I thank you. Every writer needs an audience. Otherwise it just doesn't make sense.

     Oh, and that Franciscan journey? It's also about conversion, which is a journey of discovery that may very well become eternal.

God bless you,

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment