Thursday, April 15, 2010

Ready

Early in the morning. Cool outdoors, quiet. I'm waiting to see the blue fires. You have to be there watching because they come so quickly and then it's morning. Teapot on the stove, heating. It's just a step from the kitchen to the patio, which is like my balconey seat for the show, but it hasn't begun yet. The sky is a bowl of jelly bean stars, with the bright flavors of jetliner lights mixed in. Jumping beans. Today I'm making squash tacos for breakfast. I've been changing my diet, post-hospital. Exercising too, sort of. Today I must see the fires.

It's a cosmic world we live in and we rarely take time to adjust our perspective. Perhaps it's just too much to hold in mind, to pay attention, but sometimes, when we take the time to stretch, we can reach so much farther with our hearts and our thoughts... I wonder sometimes about the blog, who will read it, what they will think. Behind such thoughts is the conviction there is someone out there, waiting perhaps in the shadows of their own porch, watching for a single new light to appear on the horizon. That's what the blog will be: the light of a thought shining out from far away, flying straight as an arrow across the space until it hits home, thunk! And there we are, connected.

I think that's how heaven might be. Filled with infinite connections, the nights alive with thoughts, questions, wonder.

The tea is ready. The light is rising. The curtain of this day is about to go up. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment